Well it won’t fully protect you like an SPF would, but it’s full of antioxidants known as lycopene which has been shown to help protect the skin from sunburn so there’s no harm in treating yourself to this delicious fruit smoothie!
So seen as though we have some fine English weather right now, why not whip one up?
- 1/2 Mango (300g)
- 1/2 Red Pepper(55g)
- 1/2 Mandarin (I cheated and used 1/2 tin of mandarins as I couldn’t get hold of a fresh one)
- 1/2 Carrot (mine were pretty small so I used a full one – 53g)
- 2 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves (41g)
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 200ml Water (I used water from my Brita filter jug)
- I also added a shot of Teapigs Matcha to the individual servings to pack this full of even more antioxidants and to give myself an energy boost.
To make even cooler whilst you’re sitting in the sun add some crushed ice cubes!
I know I try to avoid drinking calories where possible, but I find when the weather is nice I eat much lower calorie dishes, so no harm in drinking a few healthy calories – especially one that contains 3 of your 5 a day!
- 185 Calories
- Total Fat – 0.8g
- Carbs – 43.6g
- Dietry Fibre – 5.2g
- Sugars – 35.1g
- Protein 2.3g
- Vit A – 88%
- Vit C – 210.7%
- Calcium – 0.2%
- Iron – 2.7%