This is surprisingly easy to make and it’s likely you will already have all the ingredients required to make this tasty little treat.
- 1 Banana – I used a fairly large one
- 85g Cottage Cheese (I used Sainsbury’s Be Good to Yourself)
- 1x Scoop The Protein Works Banana Diet Whey
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter (I used Smooth Organic)
The addition of peanut butter is optional so there will be no issue with the ice cream should you decide to leave out. For my next batch I plan to add coconut!
Overall this makes 3 smallish tubs of ice cream i.e. around 90g of ice cream per pot. Which in my opinion is just enough to satisfy a sweet craving!
Put all in a blender and whizz up until smooth then transfer into suitable freezer containers and leave for about an hour for a easy scoop option or leave a bit longer if you like you’re ice cream fairly hard.
This takes less than five minutes to whizz up so perfect if you are in a rush but fancy a protein packed treat on your return from the gym!
Don’t forget if you use referral code KC18322 in the registration page of The Protein Works they will gift you with a free 250g pouch of their Whey Protein 80 in whichever flavour you fancy!
Nutritional Information (per individual serving)
- 153 Calories (without peanut butter = 90 calories, whole quantity with PB = 457 calories)
- 6.5g Fat (of which 1.7 Saturates)
- 13.8g Carbs
- 12.1g Protein