Introducing to you…. Cauliflower!
Now before you turn your noses up, its worth noting that a serving a cauliflower rice has just 79 calories! Compare this to a serving of white rice and you are looking at around 200+ calories and a lot more carbs.
It is easy to make and is much quicker than waiting for that rice to boil! Plus you will barely realise that you are eating cauliflower for those who don’t particularly like it with their Sunday lunches!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1/2 Head of Cauliflower (325g)
- x3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander – fresh or dried will do
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 5g Coconut Oil or any other oil.
Break the cauliflower up and place in a blender and mix until it resembles the appearance of rice.
Warm the oil in a pan.
Add the other ingredients (minus the oil) and give one final whizz to mix the ingredients together.
Throw the rice into the hot pan and continue to mix around for approximately 5 minutes… Voila!
- 3.8g Fat
- 10.2g Carbs of which 6.3g Fibre, 6.3g sugars
- 4g Protein
- 49.5% Vitamin A
- 138% Vitamin C
- 5.1% Calcium
- 14.8% Iron
- Calling all Cauliflowers! (hannahcuttingjones.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Summer Raw “Rice” – Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Recipe (healthydelicious.ca)
- Cauliflower “Rice” Stir-Fry (jenscrazylife.wordpress.com)
- Rice-a-Flower (loveofgrub.wordpress.com)