Having had no luck whatsoever with salon manicures I have decided that sticking to home nail colour is the best (and cheapest) option.
I picked up the Maybelline Forever Strong Gel Nail Colour in Divine Wine within the 3 for 2 at Boots (Usual RRP £4.09)
I quickly applied the colour prior to having guests round so I didn’t make the most careful of applications. It was easy to do due to the curved flat brush to enable precision under pressure! However, the appearance and finish were great for an extremely quick application.
The nails feel like a salon gel manicure but without the thickness, which I think is one of my biggest issues. When the gel manicure is thick and I am hammering away on my keyboard I think it causes the polish to lift which then gets caught and huge chunks peel off! Not what you want after paying £20+
So has it lived up to it’s 7 day promise?
- After a couple of days a small chips at the tip of the nail were evident but only upon close inspection – these may have been avoided had more time have been taken during application.
- It seems to ‘scratch’. I think I must sleep with the back of my hand under my head and I always seem to be left with hair strand like imprints on painted nails – this happens with all brands though!
- I did get a fairly large chip on one of the fingers but I would put this down to my activities during the week as opposed to general day to day wear – that particular nail was also pretty weak which is why I haven’t posted an after picture but as I said it was a rather rushed application.
- Overall – I am much more impressed having this than paying 5x more for a salon manicure AND I’ll get a good few applications from this!
- I shall definitely be wearing again!