So, another one for the BBQ.
Having a massive tub of The Protein Works Super Crunchy Peanut Butter comes in extremely handy!
What you need
- 4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Onion – roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove – roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. Creamed Coconut
- 4 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. light soy sauce
- 2tbsp. Lime juice
- 2 fresh red chillies – deseeded and chopped
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves – torn
- 340g Diced Turkey Breast
- Additional broken peanuts – options
Put everything but the turkey in a food processor and process to a smooth paste.
Transfer to a bowl and add the Turkey. Stir and coat thoroughly and cover and leave to marinate or up to 8 hours.
Thread the Turkey on to pre-soaked wooden skewers reserving the marinade. Cook, turn and brush frequently with the marinade for 10 minutes or until cooked.
I generally replace all my chicken dishes with Turkey – it has about half the amount of calories as the same serving as chicken and has a much lower fat content (in fact no saturated fat). Overall though I just prefer it! However, if you are after higher levels of proteins then hit the chicken!
Serve and enjoy!
Again no picture of the after…. too busy enjoying ourselves!
- 278 Cals per skewer (although their is some left over marinade so possibly slightly less)
- 15.6g Fat of which 3.1g Saturates
- 3.9g Carbs
- A whopping 30.9g Protein!