This dish reminds me a little of satay chicken and it certainly doesn’t disappoint. And it’s packed with over 40g of protein per serving so will keep you fuller for longer or repair muscles after exercise.
It’s quick and easy to make and even better you can throw it in the slow cooker which I am really getting into using at the moment so its ready when you’re ready to eat it and fits perfectly around hectic lifestyles when it’s not always possible for everyone to eat at the same time.
Ingredients – Serves 3
- 340g Diced Turkey
- 1/2 tsp Coconoil
- 1/2 onion – chopped (I used my new Kenwood Food Processor to chop – saves the eyes!)
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (I use The Protein Works because I find it to be the best PB out there!)
- 4tbsp lime juice
- 120ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp ground cumim & coriander / cilantro
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- In a pan brown the turkey with the coconoil.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cover and leave to cook on low for 4-5 hours. Alternatively add to a casserole dish and pop it in the oven.
- Serve with noodles and plenty of fresh green vegetables!
- Calories – 283
- Fat – 10.8g of which 2.9g saturates
- 6.6g Carbs
- 40.8g Protein!!!!
- 6.7% Vitamin A
- 4% Vitamin C
- 1.8% Calcium
Don’t forget it you are a new customer at The Protein Works by using my referral code KC18322 you will get 250g of free protein (subject to a £10 spend)