Now this little gadget looks like some sort of tablet computer… so much so people have even asked what it is when they’ve been in my kitchen.
To me a kitchen scale is the one piece of kitchen equipment you need if you wish to cook healthy meals and live a healthy and nutritious lifestyle. Yes I measure everything – why not when it’s quick and easy to do and keeps you on track?
It certainly is a step up from my previous kitchen scale as the Ozeri boasts the following features!
- Features advanced touch sensitive buttons for easy operation, and large LCD screen that displays weights in pounds, kilograms, grams, and ounces (lb/oz, kg/g, fl.oz., ml).
- Boasts a tempered glass surface in reflective black that is 4 times stronger than normal glass, and an award-winning thin design.
- Equipped with 4 new high precision GFX sensors, the Ozeri Touch Digital Kitchen Scale provides accurate measurements from 0.1 oz to 11 lbs (1 gram to 5250 grams).
- Precision Tare features calculates the net weight of the ingredients (automatically subtracts the container weight to calculate the weight of the ingredients being weighed!).
- Includes 2 Lithium Batteries and an Easy Access Battery Compartment (no screwdriver needed). Perfect as I hate getting electronic products and not having the right batteries to get using straight away!
On first impression it looks extremely impressive and is super light. It’s modern look fits in perfectly with my new kitchen. Not only that it is small enough to store away easily. It is also extremely responsive and I don’t need to press down too hard to switch between different measurement formats e.g. g to oz. It has certainly been getting a lot of use since I was able to start cooking again!
What I also love is that it keeps clean really well – no separate sections of the product which usually leads to ingredients such as flour etc becoming trapped between the parts and effectively rendering the product useless after a period of time.
If you are in the US it also comes with an instruction booklet that provides information on the US Postal Service – additionally it also covers a calorie guide which is useful but I tend to stick to MyFitnessPal to rely on tracking calorie and nutritional information.
The only thing I would say is it would be great to have some additional stabilising feet to the very front of the scale and not set in a little – when weighing out light items and pressing tare to add some additional ingredients I have on occasions almost sent ingredients flying. But that is my very minor criticism of this product.
Overall, it’s a great addition to my kitchen!
So, if you are in the market for a kitchen scale, definitely consider the Ozeri.
Note: I was sent this product free to review. All feedback is based on my personal experiences. I have not been paid to write this post and believe me if I’m not impressed with something I will say!