Believe it or not, I never used to be a lover of fish that is unless it was fish and chips!
But as I have opened myself up to experiencing new tastes fish has to be one of my firm favourites when it comes to food!
Here you will find a very low calorie fish supper which you can bulk further by adding a side serving of vegetables or sweet potatoes.
What you need…
- Sea Bass Fillets
- 1 Carrot – sliced using a julienne peeler
- 4 Spring Onions sliced
- 1/2 Chilli Pepper – I used green as I only had this in.
- 100ml Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp. Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- Sprinkle of crushed chillies
- 15ml Sesame Oil – to cook the fish
- 1 tsp Harissa Pasta or Five Spice to be rubbed onto the skin of the sea bass
- Thumb sized Ginger Root finely chopped & Sliced
- 1 Garlic clove finely chopped and sliced
Place the fish sauce, half of the spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilli pepper and chilli flakes into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the Soy Sauce.
Whilst waiting for the sauce to boil put the sesame oil in a griddle of similar pan and ensure it is hot.
Once the griddle is hot place the sea bass skin side down pushing the sea bass into the griddle to firm up. You only need to do this for about a minute. Leave cooking on the skin side for approximately 5 minutes and add the remainder of the spring onions and the carrots to the griddle.
Once cooked take some of the carrots and make a bed for the sea bass.
Place the sea bass skin side up on the bed of carrots, then add the remainder of the carrots and spring onion on top. Pour over the sauce and serve!
Nutritional Information – Serves 2
- 207 Calories per serving
- 9g Fat of which 2g Saturates
- 11g Carbs
- 2g Fibre
- 22g Protein
- Vit A – 49%
- Vit C – 59%
- Calcium – 1%
- Iron – 2%